Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fatherhood

Rachel has a really bad cold today. It started on Saturday and Sunday, when she was just kind of lethargic. Monday she slept until 9:00 and stayed home from daycare with a congested cough. Today she has a full-blown cold: her nose is running constantly, she's sneezing a lot, and we have to keep wiping the boogers out of her nose and off her little friend Dodo. She's spent a good part of the day in tears... Any little thing is traumatic.

Poor Rachel. I'd much rather have the cold myself (and give me a day or two... I well may!) than to watch my little girl be so miserable.

3 comments:

David Abbott said...

One day those boogers will be her responsibility! But until then you need to reach deep and realize it's one of the blessings of being a parent, which is nothing to sneeze at!!!!! LOL

Erica Tobey said...

She's still adorable, complete with boogers, and throwing up anti-biotics (and pizza), and otherwise being miserable. You've got a good one there!!

Allen Ewing-Merrill said...

Thanks, Dave! Not to rush things, but I'm kind of looking forward to the day when she can handle her own boogers. By then, I'll be nostalgic for the days when she'd let me wipe her nose, I'm sure...

Thanks, Erica -- I agree! And especially thank you for helping so much over the weekend while I was away. I think you saved Sara's life. It's not that many friends you can call for help when your daughter is throwing up... really!